Back to job listing
Lead mechanical technician
Mechanical maintenance supervisor
Jebel Ali, Dubai, UAE
Perform and lead mechanical maintenance activities at GCS, LNG, and surrounding offsite pipelines to achieve DUSUP goals for HSSE, uninterrupted gas supply to customers, and budget. Assist Mechanical Supervisor with planning and coordination.
Scope of work:
This position has responsibility for mechanical maintenance at the GCS area, LNG Jetty and offsite pipeline networks.
- Contribute to DUSUP HSSE performance by ensuring applicable HSSE standards are known, understood, and followed. Ensure HSSE requirements are identified and planned into work packs. Participates in the Safety Training Observation Program.
- Identify maintenance activities that require a risk assessment and participates in risk assessment meetings. Ensure Job Safety Analysis are written for each job and all hazards are identified and mitigated.
- Participate in the Emergency Response team and may lead the team in Supervisors absence in the role of emergency control chief or department emergency control team leader.
- Perform technical planning, coordination, scheduling, and safe hands-on implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance activities including urgent repairs to ensure uninterrupted gas delivery associated with:
- Rotating equipment including gas compressors, pumps, generators, engines, and electric motors.
- Static equipment including ASME rated piping systems, heat exchangers, coolers, filters, tanks, and other pressure or inventory containment items.
- Valves including ball, gate, piston, globe, plug, butterfly, chokes, and pressure safety (relief).
- Lifting operations including stationary, mobile cranes, davits, manual winches, chain blocks, slings, chokers, chains, and rigging items.
- Maintenance of LNG gas arms as per SIGGTO guidelines, mooring systems, hydraulic systems , fixed crane, gangway, and corrosion on static equipment. Perform inspections of fenders, breakwater, jetty structure - underwater and above water as per written performance standards. The job should liaise with third party equipment vendors.
- Perform or assist with monitoring, coordination, or supervision of contractor activities and provides project support for testing, inspection, and commissioning of projects.
- Provide support for pigging, venting, draining, cleaning, purging activities, and asset integrity inspections.
- Work with Lead E&I Technician on a daily bases. May lead supplemental DUSUP Mechanical Technicians when additional manpower is required.
- Work closely and communicates daily with the GCS Supply Lead, GCS Systems Supervisor, LNG Terminal Lead, and Sr. Pipeline Engineer and their staff.
- Assist or lead with the analysis, diagnosis and solution of problems relating to mechanical equipment and systems in a logical and effective manner.
- Ensures planned preventive maintenance procedures are in place, fit for service, and implemented.
- Provides information to the Mechanical Supervisor for daily and weekly report updates.
- Attends or supports the weekly planning meetings; provide input for development of weekly work schedules.
- University degree or equivalent certificate in a mechanical discipline.
- Five years post degree experience performing maintenance in an operating oil or gas facility.
- Relevant experience working with gas compressors, air compressors, mechanical seals, shaft alignment, and vibration monitoring equipment.
- Relevant experience with fault finding, disassembly, overhaul and repair, reassembly and hydrotesting testing of valves, including ball, globe, plug, piston, gate, butterfly, PSVs, and chokes.
- Relevant experience in performing failure and root cause analysis and incident investigation.
- Relevant experience with SAP computerized maintenance management system.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively in English, in writing and verbally in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to integrate into other teams, to get along, to influence and be influenced by others.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and capable of making decisions under stress based on best available information while managing risk.
- Driving license, home country and ability to obtain a UAE driving license.
- Functional in use of Microsoft Office tools.
Important leadership skills: DELIVERING RESULTS, LEADING PEOPLE, TEAMWORK , PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING, LEADING CHANGE AND INNOVATION.