Back to job listing
Lead electrical & instrument technician
E&I Maintennce supervisor
Perform and lead Instrumentation and Electrical maintenance activities at GCS, LNG, and surrounding offsite pipelines to achieve DUSUP goals for HSSE, uninterrupted gas supply to customers, and budget. Assist E&I Supervisor with planning and coordination.
Scope of work:
- This position has first line technical and coordination responsibility for electrical and instrumentation maintenance at the GCS area, LNG jetty, and offsite pipeline networks.
- The Gas Control Station (GCS) is located in the Jebal Ali industrial area and is a natural gas receipt and distribution facility critical to Dubai industries. The critical equipment at the GCS are pressure control valves, automatic and manual isolation valves, pressure safety valves, air compressors, turbo-expanders, electrical, control, measurement, and analysis equipment.
- The LNG jetty is an offshore FRSU mooring and gas connection facility located in the Port of Jebal Ali.
- The pipeline networks extends from the GCS to all DEWA stations, DUGAS, DUBAL, ENOC, Hassyan, Sharjah boarder, and to Margham.
This position must be available for off duty call-out for emergency work related problems.
- Perform technical planning, coordination, scheduling, and safe hands-on implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance activities including urgent repairs to ensure uninterrupted gas delivery associated with:
- Field Instrumentation devices, pressure, temperature, flow, analysis, and position.
- Actuated and automatic valves.
- Fire, Gas, and security detection equipment.
- Controls, controllers, and control room monitoring, alarm, and control devices.
- Electrical power systems including generators, 400 volt switchgear, UPS and batteries, air compressors and driers, HVAC supplies and controls, and area lighting.
- Maintenance of LNG ESD Valve, inspection of HP Arms insulation joints, hydraulic control systems, and mooring system load cells. The job should liaise with third party equipment vendors.
- Perform or assist with monitoring, coordination, or supervision of contractor activities and provides project support for testing, inspection, and commissioning of projects.
- Work with Lead Mechanical Technician on a daily bases. Lead DUSUP E&I technician assigned to GCS area.
- Work closely and communicates daily with the GCS Supply Lead, GCS Systems Supervisor, LNG Terminal Lead, and Sr. Pipeline Engineer and their staff.
- Assist E&I supervisor with implementation of performance improvement measures.
- Assist with the analysis, diagnosis and solution of problems relating to E&I equipment and systems in a logical and effective manner. Such diagnostics may be performed in cooperation with the GCS system supervisor.
- Ensure planned preventive maintenance procedures are in place, fit for service, and implemented.
- Provide information to the E&I Supervisor for daily and weekly report updates.
- Attend or supports the weekly planning meetings; provide input for development of weekly work schedules.
- Contribute to DUSUP HSSE performance by ensuring applicable HSSE standards are known, understood, and followed. Ensure HSSE requirements are identified and planned into work packs. Participate in Safety Training Observation Program
- Identify maintenance activities that require a risk assessment and participate in risk assessment meetings. Ensure jobs are scoped, planned, and have a job safety analysis that is written for each job with hazards identified and mitigated.
- Participate in the Emergency Response team and may lead the team in Supervisors absence in the role of emergency control chief or department emergency control team leader.
- University degree or equivalent certificate in an Instrumentation discipline, and with practical and on the job electrical experience.
- Five years post degree experience performing maintenance in an operating oil or gas facility.
- Relevant experience working with gas compressors, air compressors, field instruments, control valves, control equipment, vibration monitoring equipment, generators and UPS and small power distribution.
- Relevant experience with fault finding, disassembly, overhaul and repair, reassembly and testing of valve actuators.
- Relevant experience in performing failure and root cause analysis and incident investigation.
- Relevant experience with SAP computerized maintenance management system.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively in English, in writing and verbally in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to integrate into other teams, to get along, to influence and be influenced by others.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and capable of making decisions under stress based on best available information while managing risk
Important leadership skills:
- DELIVERING RESULTS
- LEADING PEOPLE
- PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
- LEADING CHANGE AND INNOVATION